Friday, March 20, 2020

Der Spiegel : The Global Race to Develop a Coronavirus Vaccine

"A Very Aggressive Timeline"The Global Race to Develop a Coronavirus Vaccine

The first human trials for a new coronavirus vaccine have already started as myriad laboratories are pursuing a number of different strategies to stop the disease. But initial results aren't expected for several months.
An electron microscope image of SARS-CoV-2 viruses (blue): "The speed of vaccine development depends, among other things, on doing things in parallel."
An electron microscope image of SARS-CoV-2 viruses (blue): "The speed of vaccine development depends, among other things, on doing things in parallel."
 AFP
Test subject Neal Browning: "I thought about my two daughters."
Test subject Neal Browning: "I thought about my two daughters."
 TED WARREN / AP
"An epidemic like this is everything I personally ever trained for. This will probably define my whole career."
Kate Broderick, senior vice president of research and development at Inovio
DER SPIEGEL 13/2020
cgs

No comments:

Post a Comment